Friday, October 13, 2017

TUGS TUGS! TUGS TUGS!

So there was a disclosure coming from $TUGS, who by the way gave me a huge loss amounting to P 10,000.00 when I was still paper trading, last September 5, 2017. Stock divs daw 50%. The next day I bought 1000 shares of $TUGS at 2.68, even though I don't even understand how stock dividends work. (Hype pa more! Sakay pa more!)

When I was reading about stock dividends I was very confused. There's record date, ex-div date, pay date. Gosh! too much date, I can't handle it. But the one thing I learned about stock dividends, is that the only time you'll love the EX coming is the ex-div date. As explained by dividends.com:


"As of the ex-dividend date, buyers of this stock will no longer be entitled to receive the declared dividend and the stock is said to thereafter trade “ex-dividend” (without dividend). Before trading opens on the ex-dividend date, the exchange marks down the share price by the amount of the declared dividend."

I was particularly focused on this stock, I wanted to earn much on this trade, and there were uncertainties coming from the stock dividend declaration that I was preparing.

One day prior to the ex-div date, the stock went up nearing P 3.00 but I was still holding on, holding on the idea of us being together..... (insert beartbreak emoji here) The next day, my heart skipped a beat, the price was low, that I panicked. I read the effect of stock dividends and was able to process the same after several hours. So I decided to hold onto it based on my gut feeling and other persons on social media were also saying, "$TUGS road to 3 petot."  Long story short, I was caught in the hype again. 

After several days I sold $TUGS at 2.36 per share. My port is showing me, after deducting all fees, a loss of P 343.71. Until the present, I'm still holding on the idea that I will gain more from what I lost when I sold my shares. Today, October 13, 2017, is the day that the stock dividend is supposedly up for trading but my portfolio still has no $TUGS in it.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, I'm still learning so I might unintentionally teach other persons on how to lose money instead of being profitable.

      Delete

Sorry I'm An $IDC Fan

I have no hard feelings with $IDC. This is despite the fact that because of my greed, and instead of selling for at least 37.00% gain, I l...